Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Vital American Knowledge


My dad is a patriot. He has a deep love for this country, for it's divinely inspired founding fathers and founding principles. He never failed to remind us as we grew up that we live in a blessed land, a nation of freedom, and that that comes with responsibilities.


I'm blessed to have learned this, and I strive to teach my own children who they are and what it means to be an American. (By the way, that's American- not German-American, not half-Polish/half-American, etc. It's American...what more could you possibly want???)


So the other day my dad sent out an email that he had received from a concerned friend- one who is concerned for our nation. I'm including a link to a you-tube video. It's about 10 minutes long.

I beg that you watch it. That you hear it. That you learn (or are reminded) it. And then, most importantly, that you teach it to your children.


Our nation is the greatest nation in the world, established by founding fathers who understood the meaning of freedom. They risked life and limb to pave the way for us. They understood the proper role of government to establish the most freedoms of it's people. If we do not understand these principles, we will lose our freedoms.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7M-7LkvcVw
*And Dad, in case I haven't mentioned it lately, thanks. Thanks for all you've taught me- really! I love you!

4 comments:

Heather said...

One of the BEST talks in my life in Sacrement Mtg was from your Dad. He taught of what happened after to the Signers of the Declaration of Independence. I thought of him when I gleened from the website he gave me for my blog post on them.
Hope they are loving their mission!!!

Wish they could help me with a family history stumper!

Heather said...

sorry if this doesn't make sense I am really sick and working
'

Janet said...

Heather, they probably can help with the fam hist stumper- just email them.

Janet said...

Dad's comments via email...

"The greatest blessing a man can have is a good and honest and sensible and loving woman. Right behind that, in fact very close behind that, is to have children that he can be totally proud of. I am such a blessed man!
Thank you Jan for your kind words. I have to believe that among the many many family supper hours of fun and kidding we all shared, some of the simple but, I felt, important things I tried to express were heard and learned.
Love,
Dad"