Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year.....new colors??


Is it just me, or is there something fundamental (or maybe just wacky)
about January.
I feel like since it's a new year, the house needs new colors. You know, something to liven things up, something to say "Hey! We're new and fresh and fun here!!"
The hard part is this- some rooms I've painted I still love the color. Other rooms that are ready for change (that fact is being challenged by my silly DH) would mean more than just
a new coat of paint...there are curtains, placemats, wall art, accent pieces, rugs, cushions, etc to consider- and ALL are important, right???
So is this antsy-ness just me?
Anyone else considering cheap room makeovers when we're all home-bound, fighting cabin fever?
Oh, and I'll take color suggestions too.........

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I agree. Do the kitchen!

Crystal said...

I want to repaint every room in my house except the nursery and my room!

but unless I want belly prints on the wall I'm holding off until spring! :)

Anonymous said...

Change it up! Life is too short to not take advantage of these blissful moments!

As for colors...maybe you can do a contrast between two different colors. Dark on one wall, and light on the others :) Have fun with it; maybe Marleah, Jillian and Lucy can help you with ideas too :) That would be way fun for the whole family!

Carol said...

Oooh, I have just the website for you, if you aren't well-acquainted with it already...this is a never-ending source of great creative decorating ideas:
http://www.betterafter.blogspot.com/

There are so many things in my house I want to paint and re-cover now! If only I had the time (and money in some instances...)

Janet said...

Thanks, Carol- that's such a great site, I had to add it to my list.

Now to focus on a great Project.....