Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine

Yesterday was Valentine's Day.

It was a pretty typical Sunday for us- church in the morning, then took Jill to a bday party for the afternoon, other girls played with neighbors, then we all relaxed at home watching a movie together.

Small gifts were exchanged, we had a nice evening, other than Marleah's stomach not agreeing with her.

.

.

.

.

Then we learned that a family at church discovered that their almost-4 yr old daughter has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at her brain stem.

.

.

.

Suddenly, we are humbled.

Valentine gifts are unimportant.

The cabin fever from this freezing winter is unimportant.

The girls squabbling with each other is unimportant.

Worries about bills are unimportant.

Even Marleah throwing up during the night is unimportant- in that we are blessed with a healthy family.

.

.

.

I'm a firm believer of the power of prayer, yet I am guilty of not utilizing this gift like I should.

I have so much to be grateful for.

I have so much to thank my Heavenly Father for.

.

.

.


And to the Miller family- little Julianne is in all of our thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

A.Pandina said...

Thanks, Janet...I'm unable to put my feelings into words, yet. Thank you.

Chris said...

Wow, really makes you think. I hope all goes well for the family and their little one.