Thursday, July 8, 2010

GROSS!

I love raspberries.
This year my raspberries must have been given some steroids, because we've got a pretty good bounty when compared with last year's 38 berries.
And I love having a fresh bunch to enjoy every few days.
I do NOT love the nasty beetles that are doing THIS to my raspberry patch (and yard trees, and roses bushes and clematis and morning glories.....you get the idea.).

So I was advised to purchase a japanese beetle trap.

It will work! was the endorsement.

So I bought one. And put it up.


Here's how full it is (all-over-body cringe).
So YES, it's caught a TON of these icky buggars, but I also STRONGLY suspect that the bait to catch them has also attracted ALL of these beetles to MY yard.
To fly around attacking anything green and anything that gets in their flight path.

Note to self- beetles dive-bombing your hair is a feeling you won't soon forget.
(more full-body cringing)

Now who's going to come throw this thing out and replace it with another bag????
That's what I'd like to know.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is gross! Maybe you should put the next one on your outer fence.

A.Pandina said...

I've also heard that the bags attract more of the nasty bugs. Hmmm, possibly putting it on the edge of your yard or down by the street??? Maybe next to the mailbox and make the hair-diving the mailmans problem, lol.

Carol said...

YUCK! That is definitely one thing I do NOT miss from back East. I know exactly how it feels to have those nasty things fly into my hair...both Japanese beetles and June bugs...HATE those things!!!