Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SPT #21

Wow, don't quote me, but I'm on time today. Weird.....

SPT #21- I love blogging.

Hmmmm...the challenge here is not to bore you to death....

When I first became aware of blogging and bloggers, my reaction was "who the heck has time for that? those people just need a reality check in time management." Open mouth, insert foot. I now know that I find a very silly satisfaction in blogging. I can express myself (no, not quite like the conical madonna- although you'd never know, would you??) however I please with random thoughts, musings and photos. I can be creative. I can steal ideas from other bloggers who are vastly more talented than I am, and they'll take it as a compliment!! My blog is my way of talking to myself and my friends- and when you roll your eyes at me, I can't see it- unless you grace me with a comment. My blog is one way I find validation in all my crazy or jantastic ideas or rantings.

My blog also keeps record of the happenings of this household. Once upon a time, I used to scrapbook. That ended with the birth of our second daughter, almost 8 years ago. Blogging does a great job of scrapbooking, as well as helping faraway friends and family stay in touch with one another.

I sincerely hope that one day all my closest friends and family will have blogs. I love to hear from you all, so if you don't currently blog, consider it. If you visit a so-fun blog, pass the address along. We're all in this life together- let's have fun enjoying the ride together!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to also think, "How would I find the time", but not now! Scrapbooking for me also ended with the birth of my second child, so this is a perfect fit for me.

Aranne and Dan said...

from SPT - I too love blogging. I am a self proclaimed addict! I am not as quick as others but I love to write my thoughts and LOVE to see what is going on with others. I don't have any kids yet but feel like my scrapbooking might not even make it to my first. This is just so much easier and faster! Oops!

Unknown said...

this really expresses so many of the reasons i blog! i remember those first timid blogposts two years ago, and, the *gasp* first timid comments i wrote. aghhh!! i

it has become so much more than i ever expected it to become.

i love your phrase "jantastic..."

Amber Grannis said...

For the longest time I never understood the appeal of keeping an "online journal" - but I love blogging! For all the same reasons you do! Blog on, girl!

Rachael said...

Blogging is so great for so many reasons...journaling, scrapbooking, keeping in touch with family and friends, support from an online 'family', etc! I love it!

Dacia said...

What would I do at 11pm if I didn't blog! I didn't want to start one either, but this sure beats writing and I can keep a record of some of my thoughs somewhere.

Heather said...

I come for the great music and 'cuz you, Jan, are AWESOME! Now just get Jeni to blog!

I think I signed up for SPT with every intention in doing it, but I forgot how.

Scrap booking oh yeah! I stopped at child 4 or 5. Well child 5 has only three pages so that counts right?

Chris said...

Blog baby blog! Fun eh?

The Monkeys said...

Well at least you only thought it. I actually said it out loud. Definitely an insert foot into mouth situation!

Jeanette said...

Well said! I so agree.

Dori said...

You just gave me a new word..of course doritastic, or dortastic..why didn't I think of it before. Love your blog by the way. It's way fab!