
Ahhhh...the colors of Fall in Upstate NY. Fall is my favorite time of year- I find something very grounding (no pun intended) about the leaves changing and dropping, the briskness in the wind, the geese slicing the sky as squirrels and chipmunks scamper to collect their winter hoard, and then the smells- concord grapes, apple cider, and soon- pumpkin pie.
This weekend, DH decided we'd better get our last hoop-la in for camping. To be honest, I was reluctant to put the work effort into the trip, but wow, how grateful am I now? The trip was magnificent in every way. The girls had their roasted marshmallows, DH broke in his new hammock, I got to fly the big kite from OBX (if just for a little while), and we spent two of the days with some camping friends. The weather was beautiful and the views too nice for photos. So I share with you smiles and colors.....enjoy!





This is the land that I love.






3 comments:
your pics are beautious! i love fall, it's always been my favorite time of year too. september has always been the start of my new year. i just love it. and it just gets better into october!
Wow great pictures!!!! I love the pig tails, they make me smile.
I know what you mean about the work with camping, you are a good Mom(notice not ONE post on my blog about camping)
I agree with Heather, you know my feelings about camping. :-) But your pictures look fabulous and make me think maybe it would be fun. I do have to say, it actually makes me miss upstate. The fall was my favorite part. You can have winter. :-)
Post a Comment