Okay, I'm not eloquent or highly educated. I do not have the thought process of professors, lawyers or politicians. But I do have beliefs, opinions and thoughts. Today I am thankful that in this great country, we currently have FREE SPEECH to express ourselves.
I just watched a bit of news coverage on the aftermath of the Prop 8 passing. I think it's disgusting. Blacklisting anyone who supported funds toward passing Prop 8, picketing religious buildings (mostly Mormon) and trying to sell the whole "discrimination" bit. Makes me sick to my stomach. I support Prop 8 defining a marriage as only between a man and a woman. It is my belief that marriage is ordained of God, and that having a father and a mother in the family to jointly raise children is in the child's best interest.
I also believe strongly that this issue has been open for review TWICE and the majority of the country (or state involved) has spoken up TWICE. I think that if the shoe was on the other foot and if Prop 8 did not pass, I would lose my responsibility, right and freedom as a parent to choose to teach my own children my beliefs in morality and the family unit. THAT IS DISCRIMINATION.
How many times does the majority need to voice their beliefs on an issue for it to be settled? Do we vote for president more than once? No. Do we now target anyone who voted for McCain? No- it's not the democratic way, nor is it something anyone with integrity would do.
The fabric of society lies in the family unit. Families treat each other with love and respect, always- and no matter their beliefs or actions. I do not think that these protesters are going about their intentions with the slightest bit of love and respect.
2 weeks ago






1 comment:
!!!!! Amen!!!!! Standing OOOOOO*****
Post a Comment