
An email circulated recently that claimed to be a letter from David Letterman. It doesn't matter who wrote it, but the gist of it was that Americans have become a bunch of selfish brats and we really ought to be putting our energy into realizing the fantastic blessings we enjoy in the greatest country in the world.
Considering the election results and the storm clouds that may be on the horizon, I've been thinking of that email, and I agree. But instead of listing a bunch of things that so many of us take for granted on a daily basis, just find ONE THING that strikes you today that in another country you would not necessarily have.
For me, there's this tree that we planted a couple years ago. I was told that this tree would become "blazing red" in the fall (I love red trees). This year is the first year it's beginning to come to fruition....
And the tree is on our property. A speck of land that we own (well, you get the idea) and can do what we wish with (well, again you get the idea). On it is our home, where we dwell in peace and safety. I'm truly thankful for that.
So I ask you, is this a great country or what??






No comments:
Post a Comment