Strawberry picking is best done in a group, so I load up my slave labor and off we go.
Here's me discovering that not only am I allergic to dogwood trees, but strawberry plants, too!
Then, about 2 hrs after we get home, the sky darkened and the rains came- hard. Soon we realized it was hailing, and the pieces got bigger and bigger! When everything stopped (and my windows did NOT break), the kids collected hailstones almost half-dollar sized!
The hostas and garden plants are pretty beat up, and my van now has dents all over the roof.
What a way to welcome summer break!!!
Here's me discovering that not only am I allergic to dogwood trees, but strawberry plants, too!Then, about 2 hrs after we get home, the sky darkened and the rains came- hard. Soon we realized it was hailing, and the pieces got bigger and bigger! When everything stopped (and my windows did NOT break), the kids collected hailstones almost half-dollar sized!
The hostas and garden plants are pretty beat up, and my van now has dents all over the roof.
What a way to welcome summer break!!!







2 comments:
what did you do with all of those strawberries?
made jam with half, and froze the rest (after washing and trimming) to jam later, when I have more freezer space!
Post a Comment