Monday, June 16, 2008

Go take a walk!



Matt biked around Webster recently, and wanted to bring the girls to North Ponds Park. We finally found a nice (and HOT) evening to do it. There is a nice paved path around the perimeter of the ponds and several exercise stations, which the girls HAD to try out, even Lucy. We saw families of ducks, two Great Blue Herons, butterflies, flowers, some geese and almost grown goslings, and lots of geese poop- which we tried to avoid.


I was so pleased to see the herons- they are one of my favorite birds. I love spotting them, wonderfully camouflaged like a sentinel at the water's edge or gracefully flying overhead with that giant wing span. The bigger of the two we spotted landed behind us and started walking toward the pond- I think this was the only time I've seen one walk on dry land!

No comments: