
As Father's Day approaches, and I drive across town to retrieve the "perfect gift" for DH (a rotisserie for his grill, if you need an idea of your own....and I can tell you, because DH'd never be interested in reading this blog), I am thinking of how to pay tribute to Matthew.....perhaps I'll force him to read this come Sunday....
Matt and I met in college- MCC- in a racquetball class.....he wore these adorable red converse high tops.....anyway, we were married in 1996. Matt is not afraid of trying fix-it projects (wallpapering is not his thing, but he's quite adept at drywalling, plumbing, car repairs, tiling floors, and installing doors). He's also a go-getter...meaning that for a brief 6 years in the early years of our marriage, he changed jobs 5 times, always finding a better one, until he landed Xerox, which will give him, with any luck, enough work until he retires.
And then comes the running. Matt discovered running after being challenged to do the Corporate Challenge four years ago. For some reason, running agrees with him, and he's run almost 5 days a week ever since, completing 5Ks, 10Ks and eight marathons- the most recent was the Boston Marathon, his running piece de resistance. We made a family trip of it this past April and had a wonderful time cheering him on and on and on.

Matt's next venture will be a small triathlon- swimming, biking and running. If all goes well, he'll be quite content and can hang up his "bigger and better notions".....yeah, right. I'll keep you posted.
In short, Matt is a wonderful guy, great husband, and focused runner who is always looking to improve. The girls simply adore him, and he loves them immensely. DH, we love you!






No comments:
Post a Comment