Well, today is the last day I have with Lucy all to myself, or more importantly the last day to run errands with only one in tow. Tomorrow is the Last Day of School for my two older girls (I believe their school district prides themselves in being the absolute last to give in to summer) and they'll be home by noon.
So I tried to take advantage of these precious hours- checked the local VOA for a dresser (nothing good...but somehow left with a Barney tape and an Ab tape), hit JoAnn's to utilize that coupon, Lowe's for Pergo samples for the dining room project (we have icky carpet in our dining room....come on, who in their right mind carpets a dining room?), and the local garden store to try to diagnose a dying Japanese Holly bush I planted last year (I'll be wearing black soon). Would have done more, but Lucy was at the end of her rope, and I was out of animal crackers.
My goal for the summer is to do something memorable with them each week (that should give me lots of options, right?) and have tons of fun. Dinnertime at the Davis home has been extra jumpy and silly this week, and I have to stop and remember just how exciting the prospect of the Last Day of School was for me, and the promise of a wonderful Summertime. So to try to capture the feeling around here, I've found an old friend on the Internet- I'll try to put the picture here......here's hoping your own Summertime is this fun/crazy/silly/memorable as I hope mine will be!!







No comments:
Post a Comment