Friday, June 6, 2008

Thankful thoughts

Okay, today I was musing over a conversation yesterday with a faraway friend. We were best friends in college and during my hiatus (that's a story for another day). We now live on opposite sides of the country, and sadly, we are both pretty bad at keeping in touch with each other as often as we should. So yesterday, she calls me and we chatted for a long time, and it was just as though we had talked everyday. I still know that if I needed her, she'd "be there" for me, and I think she knows the same of me.


So as I was adding music to this blog, it got me thinking of how wonderful friendship is- what a blessing it is to have friends, and know that at any time, we can cultivate more. Most of the music I've chosen has a specific time-memory attached, and most involve friends and close family. You may even know what songs are playing "for you"- so feel free to guess which is yours. And if I've forgotten any great ones, just let me know. Stacy, yours is If I Had a Million Dollars (you know why).
Also, music can add so much to family relationships- this morning Lucy and I were dancing to Save the Last Dance for Me- it's one of her favorites!


So today's Thankful Thought is for good friends who are always there, and for good music- especially that helps us remember great moments in our lives. Thank you, my friends!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

You going to make me cry! I'm thankful for a good friend that can listen to all my issues right when I need her. Thanks for listening!