
Today my husband attends the funeral service for a 44 year old cousin who tragically and unexpectedly left this world, leaving behind three children, a fiancee, two brothers, his parents, many aunts, uncles, and countless cousins and friends. All are affected by this loss. All are touched by the ripples of tragedy. My prayers are with them, having faith that peace and understanding will come with time. I hope that this experience leads to tighter, brighter relationships within families as we all learn that our time here with each other is precious, with no guarantees of longevity. I know that families can be together forever. Families are a precious gift- we will one day answer for how we treated our gift. May we all utilize losses like this to gather our own family closer together with more love and compassion.
"We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, "Blessed are they that mourn."" (C.S.Lewis)
"God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain." (C.S.Lewis)
"When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place." (C.S.Lewis)






3 comments:
Wow that is incredible the way you described this unexpected loss. I am deeply touched! I recently attended a funeral as well, and what you wrote has helped me develop a deeper understanding of the importance of family and life as a whole. The importance of each of the lives one individual can touch.
Very well put Janet. :) There are better days ahead!
Jan
I am grateful for your thoughts and sharing the quotes. They are so true and they bring comfort. I don't know how anyone gets through life without that deep conviction that life is eternal. We were brought here endure challenges and to grow by what we experience. Thank you for your thoughts.
Post a Comment