Monday, September 15, 2008

40 years strong

This week, my in-laws celebrated their 40 year wedding anniversary, so to surprise them, their children (DH and his sister) threw a big party last weekend. It was lovely, and wow, were they surprised when instead of a nice quiet dinner for 6, it was a noisy, love-filled party of 40. Most of the family was there, as well as close friends- some which hadn't been seen for 15 years.

40 years is certainly something to celebrate. The older I get, the more I appreciate any marriage that lasts, for I am understanding that any marriage takes love, compromise and work- and not necessarily in that order. I am so glad that my DH has his wonderful parents as examples- just as I am eternally grateful for my own parents (married 47 years- and my dad still calls my mom his bride). What great role models!

No comments: