Saturday, after I herded the kids to church for a
Primary activity, we cleaned up, packed lunches and headed to the
Finger lLakes Region to see DH finish his first bike run (not officially timed, so not a race). It's called the Highlander, and it was 65 miles of up and down hills throughout the region. There was another option that day, to do the Lowlander, which was 100 miles (longer, yes, but flatter terrain). Needless to say, Matt said he was "Boston Marathon tired after only about 14 miles" and that he has no need to EVER do that again.
I'm so proud of how he sets his sights on a goal (although at times I question his sanity) and does what he needs to accomplish it. DH and his friend Roman did this together and I applaud them. I wish I had photos of the sweaty guys as they finished, but my camera did not cooperate (did I mention that I'm
campaigning for a new one soon??). Instead, I'll show you pics of my monkeys as we waited for dad to finish....
1 comment:
Your girls are beautiful! Thank you for the wonderful comment. It is very nice to meet you!
:) Somer
Post a Comment