Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot Reading

We've had near-record high temperatures around here for several days, and the vegetation is beginning to complain. I got a bit of gardening done this morning, but by 9am it was almost 90 degrees.....too hot to weed! In fact, quoting a very good friend of mine....

"It was so hot today I saw a funeral procession pull into a Dairy Queen.
It was so hot today I saw an Amish guy buying an air conditioner.
Birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
Trees are whistling for dogs.
You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl. "

So, my advice is to find some a/c, and when you've finished your "must do's", pick up a good book. My book club just finished The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak. I'm curious to hear any feedback on that one- I enjoyed it. And this month we'll read Can't Wait to Get to Heaven, by Fannie Flagg. So feel free to read that one, and we can share thoughts.....and let me know if you have any current favorites, too!

Enjoy your day, drink plenty of fluids, and smile at a stranger (but not one that looks like he's going to stalk you).

1 comment:

hsawolf said...

great site, great music, great beginning..sure beats a journal..love the pictures.and don't forget to smile...your #1 stalke..err i mean fan